Saturday, June 21, 2008

5 Years

Its hard to believe how much can change in five little years. As of about 2 o'clock this afternoon, Brent and I will have been married for five years. Very hard to believe considering my past history with relationships. Its been a good five years, with ups and downs but that is very normal, right!? We have a babysitter for Casey and are planning on going out to eat and then to the Shakespeare Festival. All's Well that Ends Well is playing, which sounds like a good play but more than that the experience of the place is so much fun.
Then as of this morning I am going to run my first marathon. I just signed up for the Portland Marathon in October. Before I met Brent I did not run a day in my life. Infact, I was certain the only reason to run was to get away from someone chasing you but now...I pay people so I can run. Crazy if you ask me. But it should be a good race and a good vacation to Portland.
Another shocking thing to me is Casey, I have a three year old. I have always been around babies and kids but never thought I would be a mother. I guess that just goes to show that our plan for our life is invalid if it does not follow what God has for us. And I would not change his plan because in the end its always better.

3 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 5 Years is a huge milestone. You will have to let me know how the play was. Scott and I are going next Wednesday to the same one. I know what you mean about running. I have always hated running. I couldn't run without my knees or ankles giving out on me. Now I run almost every day and I'm starting to enjoy it. Good luck with the marathon. When is it??

Traci said...

Congrats! Hope all is well with both of you!

CrumleyCrew said...

The race is the first weekend in October.