Monday, July 21, 2008

Food and Fun in the Sun

This last weekend was a fun one for the Crumley family. It started Friday night when we dropped Casey off at my brother’s house. My parents came over from Aberdeen for a cooking demonstration put on by their bank and got us tickets as well. An Australian chef named Jason Roberts cooked and danced and entertained us for the evening. Very very good food and all of it was locally grown. Since I love to cook it made it all the more fun to see how he seasoned different things and he has the best personality. Our table for the event was also a lot of fun, listening to the stories they had about my dad and brother were very entertaining. Then Saturday the folks had to go home and see their newest granddaughter. Robb and Hailey had a baby girl, Italy Rae, at 4:30 on Saturday. She is 7 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. I will get to see here in a couple weeks when Casey and I go over for a wedding. That will be another fun weekend. My dad will be stuck with all his girls for a few days, poor guy. :) Then on Sunday, Brent left at 5 a.m. to go and scout for deer with a buddy. Since it was such a nice day Casey and I spent about three hours at the local park. Its so much fun to take him there and see how much fun he has. Even with all that playing he did not take a nap, went to bed at 9:00 which is early for him but still I wanted a nap. So now its back to doing the things that keep the weeks going by in a blur. I just hope we can find a free weekend for camping. The summer is going by to fast.

No comments: