Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Long Time

So I think we can all see that I am awful at keeping up with this during the summer. The really sad thing is I don't know what kept me so busy. We didn't spend every weekend camping like we wanted, we didn't really have a lot to do during the day...so why I was so bad is a mystery. Maybe it was just the nice weather and never spending more than a few minutes in the house at a time. Who knows...

It is very nice to get back into a routine. Casey started school last Monday and has been loving it. He is going two days a week for two hours a day. It is a class to help with his delay in speech. Here is the best thing, its helping. He is talking up a storm and best yet we are starting to understand him. Then we also started going to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) every Wednesday. I love having that time to study the bible and knowing that I will have questions everyday that need to get answered is great. It seems to make the day better to start off in the word. I tried to do it over the summer but without the questions I found myself putting it off.

As far as our running...We did the Pocatello Half Marathon a couple weeks ago. Brent took third place in his age group. I finished in 1 hour 56 minutes. We are going to run the Portland full marathon on Oct. 5. It will be my first full and I am very nervous/excited about it. I did 22 miles on the greenbelt last weekend and was able to walk the next day so there is hope that I can finish the full and walk afterwards. It will be a nice to get out of Boise for a day. We are leaving Casey here with Brent's parents which will be fun for him.

Other than the training for the marathon things have been very low key in our lives. Brent it working like mad at HP which makes for long days for us. Tomorrow I think I am going to brave the women's fitness fair with Casey. He hates to stay in a stroller but I am hoping with all the people he will be willing to walk with me.

Here are a couple pictures from this summer. We went to the fair in Blackfoot and Casey decided he likes the goats the best.

We also got him in a pool at a birthday party. He was not to sure about it and then when we were getting ready to leave he did not want to get out...funny how that works.

No comments: