Thursday, October 20, 2011

Don't question a first grader

So a few days ago when I picked Casey up from school I asked him what he learned that day. He was silent for a little bit then said "I learned how to spell...nothing" so I asked how do you spell nothing. Very serious he said "n-o-t-h-i-n-g" just goes to show me he learned nothing.

So its been almost one week since Brent left for hunting and we got a call last night from him. Sadly no elk yet but he did shoot a deer. Not sure why he wanted to shoot a deer, deer meat is not good to eat, at least to me. Hopefully' they will find something today.

I made some chicken and pineapple stir-fry for supper. Before Casey went out to play I asked what sounded good for supper, his answer was "something I like please" I asked him when was the last time I fixed him something he didn't like. Thing for a second he said "the last time you made peas" No it was not a meal of just peas but that is what he remembered. Got to love that kid, thankfully he loved the supper.

Well it time get moving, breakfast and then off to school and bible study. I think I am going to treat myself to a lovely cup of coffee with some of my new coffee syrup - white chocolate vanilla syrup. Yummy.

2 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I have to say I am impressed that a first grader can spell nothing!!! They are learning a lot! I do love that boy and his mom! and please keep us posted with this comments. You know your blog is like reading a book and you can always read back on what comments he made. I would think, I will remember that one, and nope, not so.... So this is good for at least Linda and me to have access to your blog!!!

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

That's very true Alice. You think you'll never forget what they said or did and then later, it's pretty hard to remember.
That is pretty funny about the supper comment and not liking peas! He sounds like Brandon with that. Brandon still doesn't like peas. William doesn't like broccoli. And they both have their kind of bread - William likes Italian and Brandon likes potato.
Keep up the posting Lenae! And maybe I'll try the pumpkin pie spice in my coffee this morning.
Love you!