Monday, January 2, 2012

Lets Welcome 2012

Hard to believe its already 2012, that I have a six year old who loves first grade, have been married for almost 9 years and I am now 30 years old. I still remember when they said the world would end in 2000. I guess they were wrong by just a few years.

We had a great Christmas 2011 over in Idaho Falls. Casey got to try out cross country skiing for the first time and he did wonderful. We also spent some time down on the farm with the animals. On Christmas Eve we went to a church service and then had out traditional Chinese food. It was also very nice to see U. Mike and A. Alice and spend some time with mom. A think one highlight of Casey's trip was going to John Deere with U. Robb and get a new tractor. Its something my dad would do for him so it was bitter/sweet to do it again with Robb.

New Years Eve was very simple, we just hung out at home and watched Mr. Poppers Penguins, which was a cute movie. I tried to get Casey to stay up and watch the ball drop but he was having none of it. I had tried to explain to him why its fun and after my explanation he just looked at me and said "So what's the big deal" :)

Now Casey has one more day off of school and Brent has one more day off of work and then its back to the daily routine. It will be nice to get back to it. Hopefully this year I can try and get some of the things I have on my to do sometime list done. One thing on that list it to be better about posting to this blog. We will see how that work outs.

Happy News Years.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

So what IS the big deal of watching the ball drop??!!! HaHa, that boy is something. We didn't watch it either - the ball that is. Mike was asleep long before midnight and watching it drop alone isn't much fun. Besides, I am sure I would have fallen asleep anyway.... It was fun to have you here for a bit. Keep coming! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!