Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow and more Snow

Let is snow, let it snow. At least that was the song of yesterday. Today its more let it rain, let it rain. I must admit the snow was very pretty yesterday, the way it covered the houses, trees, yards and mountains. I just dislike/hate it on the roads. The morning started with me stressed about the drive to school. The snow started at about 7:15 and did not let up until about 2:30. It was a thick, heavy, wet snow which did a number on the roads and caused about 50 accidents in the city of Boise. Thankfully I was not one of those accidents. We left for school about 20 minutes early, usually its only 5-10 minutes early. A little crazy but I would rather sit in the parking lot for a few minutes than have that rushed feeling on the slick roads. Once back from the trip I stayed in the house until it was time to pick up Mr. Casey. So what kept me busy...

Oatmeal Cakes - which are usually made in a 9x13 pan but I made them in loaf pans instead and got four bread loaf sizes and two small loaf size cakes. More for me to enjoy...

Sugar Cookies - I added extra brown sugar to them to give them a little bit of a different taste which turned out very good.

No Bake Cookies - Love these and I try to tell myself that they are not that bad for you with all the oatmeal that the recipe calls for. When Casey tried one last night he was very surprised to see the oatmeal and after eating it decided that maybe oatmeal is not that bad.

I was also able to get all our old bills shredded and the driveway shoveled off. Today looks like another day of staying home for the most part. I just don't have the desire to fight with the slush and puddles that are covering the roads and parking lots. Maybe I can get more off my list of things to do someday...maybe even try out my sewing machine. Since I was told to stop the baking yesterday. :(

If anyone is looking for a good new book series to start try Joanne Fluke. She write novels about Hannah Swenson, she is a baker/crime solver. The best part of the books is they come with recipes. Everything recipe that Hannah makes in the story is in the book and most of them sound wonderful. The story is a good read as well.

Happy Thursday All...enjoy the day we have been given. :)

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I knew all of this but it was fun to read it again! You do stay busy in the kitchen. Wish I had a little of your ambition...just a little!!! Glad we didn't get snow and I hope we don't. We just need it in the hills/mountains and I will just stay away. I agree, the slush is as bad as the snow!