Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sleep

How can my son survive on such little sleep? I feel like a walking zombie, at least I think I am still walking. For the past couple months now he has been getting up at close to 4:30 each morning and coming into our bed room to wake me up. The little guy knows that if he uses his sweet innocent voice I have a hard time saying no, not that saying no would help but still. You would think he would be going to bed early, no such luck with that. He usually does not fall asleep until about 10:00. We have tried everything to get that to be early but to no avail. And naps are almost not heard of in our household. He just does not see the need to sleep. Thankfully there is coffee and caffeine to keep me from falling right over. But to try and find a silver lining in this thing I am able to get my BSF study done each morning and have a good few minutes alone with the Lord to pray. Two things that I know are a positive way to start the day.

2 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

I can relate to this. Makenzie wasn't a sleeper. She could just function well without it...unlike her mother. Even without sleep she was always happy and pleasant. Not what you would expect. Thank the Lord for COFFEE and SODA!!! Hang in there...it gets better.

CrumleyCrew said...

Thanks Jess...I am glad to know someone who survived a child that needs very little sleep.