Sunday, April 6, 2008

Taco Soup

I have found a great meal for a lazy Saturday. Yesterday fit that bill to a T. The weather could not decide if it wanted to be warm and we nothing major planned. If your looking for a good soup try Bear Creek Taco Soup. In fact I love most all the Bear Creek items, they have a very good chili. But the soup is my new favorite. All you really have to do is add a water and cook for about 10 minutes. But I love to add my own touch to a recipe. So last night I threw in a can of diced tomatoes, whole corn and black beans. Then Casey and I made tortilla chips from corn tortillas. I love making chips now...you can flavor them anyway you want and when you cook them in the oven you love a lot of fat and calories. Serve the meal with cheese, salsa and sour cream and you have a wonderful comfort food dinner. But a great bonus is you can get a lot of veggies into the kids.

Now a completely different subject, I found two websites that I have come to love. http://www.uncommongoods.com/ and http://www.wrapables.com/jsp/Home.jsp They have great stuff for home, office, kitchen and great gifts. Stuff that is out of the ordinary without being to out there.

1 comment:

Always around said...

I love taco soup!! you're more mexican than me, making tortilla chips! Cute websites, I love the uncommon goods, really cute