Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Caseys Love of Strange foods

I guess they are not really strange foods but different for a three year old to enjoy. Or probably I am just not giving him enough credit for his taste. Sunday night I made red beans and rice with spicy sausage. He devoured one and half sausages and I didn't have any rice left over. I cooked the sausage with green peppers, onions and tomatoes which he also enjoyed. Monday night we had oven-fried chicken with a sauteed veggie mixture. The veggies were red and green bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, celery and squash. Without the help of a cheese topper he ate about four or five helpings. He also loves fish, last night I planned a meal of Hamburger Helper and he saw the fish in the freezer and wanted to have that instead. This is the child that would rather have a ham and cheese melt with ranch dressing than a simple cheese sandwich, loves corn on the cob and will devour almost any veggie as long as I let him cut it with a table knife. I am not complaining about this fact I just find it amazing. Yes he is a normal child as far as his sweet tooth is concerned and he loves fruit. I have truly been blessed with a good eater.
Just a side note...you can see we need summer or warm weather to come our way soon...this is how Casey has been spending his afternoons.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Casey has good tastes - I would love to smaple your meals. They sound very good. I am ready for warm weather also. Not too warm, but definitely warmer!