Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful For

Well I am back. I know I missed a few days with my thankful for list but I have a couple of good reasons...First my blog account decided it needed to update itself or something of the sort. Second, by the time it came back to working we were getting ready to head to the families houses for the holidays.

So here we go again...hopefully I can be good about this in the new year...maybe not everyday but at least a few times a week.

December 31, 2009
1. Dry roads on long drives
2. Family and friends
3. Coming home after a long stay away
4. Visits with fav. Aunts and Uncles. :)
5. Seeing the wonder on Casey's face when watching the Live Nativity in Idaho Falls.
6. Having your son ask how he can see Jesus
7. The true reason for the season

Over the holiday we were able to go cross-country skiing at Harriman State Park which was amazingly pretty. While we were getting ready to go a young family was getting packed up to leave and overheard the mother talking to her young child. What she said made it so had a wonderful time. Not many people know I like to write poems...nothing special, its just a way for me to get my feelings out. Here is a poem from that day.


ADVICE
I overheard something today
Not something foreign to me
But something I have heard
Something I have said
Over and Over Again

This overheard little saying
Made me stop and think
It made me change
Just a little something
About the way I spent my day

It was said by a mother
To her very young child
She didn't know me or my life
But she changed my day and
Changed it for the better

So what was the advice:
Its amazing how much
Better things can be
When we change our attitude
About the day

And here is a second poem about the season

Falling snowflakes and
Swishing of skies
Calm the nerves
The holidays can bring

The crunch of crackers and
The snap of cards being shuffled
Erase the crinkle of paper and
The snap of tape being torn

The laughter filled rooms and
Joy on the faces of other
Vanish the questions
Asked at store after store

The story of why
We celebrate the season
Causes us to stop and
Say Thank You Jesus.

2 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

You write well, Lenae! I did not know what you like to do that. What a great way of expressing yourself. I have thought about that advice a lot...Attitute is everything..... Thanks for coming to visit us. We love it each time you come.

Heidi said...

I agree! I have written on a post-it the saying "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."