Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chocolate Cake

Bill Cosby once said that Chocolate Cake for breakfast is just fine. Its got flour and eggs and if you add some fruit juice to drink you have all you need. Well if you have my chocolate cake you can add coffee and yogurt to that mix. Yesterday Casey and I made a chocolate cake without water or oil and it is one of the most moist cakes I have ever made. Not to mention the yummy flavor. We took a simple cake mix and followed the direction on the back only with a little twist. Instead of the water I used the left over coffee from the morning. Then instead of the oil I added cherry yogurt. Then to finish it off as we poured it into the pan we added chocolate chips. The coffee gives it a boost of flavor and there is nothing better that the slight hit of cherry that comes through. If Casey loves it you know there is not to much coffee flavor.
As for my sewing venture...
I finished the heating pads. I was able to fill three of them but then ran out of rice for the other three. :) Always something
Here is the pillow case that I was able to finish as well.
This is the fabric I got for Casey's pillowcase and pillow. One day soon I will get this one done.
Now time to start my Saturday. Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

That cake sounds yummy....I think I am going to try that. What a good idea! You are always coming up with something interesting. And enjoy your sewing. I only sew when I have to hem up, or repair a strap the dog bit in two!!! And he does that every chance he gets...that naughty dog!