Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Little Foodie on My Hands

Last night Casey made me really laugh. I fixed a steak stir fry for supper and I guess I did not get the meat cut just right. As we were eating he wanted to know what was wrong with it. I asked him to explain and he said "Well this piece is a little tough and chewy and the one I just finished was nice and tender" He must watch more cooking shows with me than I realize.

Yesterday was a very productive day, for me at least. I was finally able to get a bunch off my to-do list. Now for the project I have been putting off. I never took sewing in High School, instead I learned how to judge a cow and can tell you what the different cheeses are. But a couple of years ago I decided to try and sew rice heating pads. They turned out but only after some words with the machine. Its been a while and now I need some new ones so...I am going to try and figure out how to outsmart a sew machine and have it work for me. I am going to need lots and lots of coffee for this one. Hopefully I can post a picture or two of the finished project.

On a side note, Casey is having his IRI test today. I just hope he can not be to shy for the tester and do all that I know he can do. If not...its only a test.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Oh, Casey, you are quite a delight... Who would have thought a five year old would comment on his meat!!! I love it. And, Lenae, I love your attitude. You inspire me to face things head on...and "oh well, it's just a test" is good enough! Keep it up, my dear niece!