Friday, January 14, 2011

Just another Friday

Casey had a great kindergarten teacher. She recently sent home a blank paper and asked us to cut out things that are important to Casey. Things that the class would like to find out about your child. Here is Casey's poster
We included things like the fact Casey really wants to go hunting with daddy, his new puppy Buddy, some of his favorite foods, things he likes to do and his three favorite colors. They then showed the poster to the class and had to answer questions about the different pictures. I love that his teacher does things like this, making each child special and getting to know things about the children. Casey has also had to do his first book report. Nothing to hard just reading the book from the library and then drawing three pictures about the book. Just simple stuff that we have to do but still to me it shows that the teacher really does care about each student.
Here is Casey's new blanket from A. Linda. Along with the new BSU pillow that I made for him.
Just another day of school for my big kindergartner.
Looking forward to the weekend, not sure what we are going to do but sometimes those kind of weekends turn out the best. Casey is out of school on Monday for the holiday which he thinks is crazy...I love that he still loves school as much as he does.
Last night for supper we had pork and veggies. It made me laugh because Casey was so sure the the meal was not going to be good but then as he ate and ate and ate he decided that just maybe pork is good and the green beans are starting to get better. It was a very easy meal to make...just cut up boneless pork ribs and place in baking dish. Sprinkle over Italian Seasoning and lemon pepper marinade. Add one package frozen veggies, I like the blend of carrots, peas and green beans but its what every sounds good and then open one can of diced tomatoes. I then baked it for 45 mins at 400. I also had a pan of scalloped potatoes in the oven at the time so I think that is why the time is a little long but it was nice to have them both cooking at the same time. Now I get to have the rest for lunch, always a bonus. :)

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Yummy meal again! and I love that Casey is finding green beans starting to get better!!! I agree that Casey has a pretty good teacher. I need to look closer at that poster and see if there is more I can learn about Casey!