Friday, January 28, 2011

Where did January Go

Its hard to believe this month is almost gone. Happy Birthday to Lorie today. :)



Just a few days ago we took Buddy to the vet to get fixed...not a happy day for the little guy or for Casey for that matter. We took Buddy to the vet on Tuesday the 25th and had to leave him there for the day. Casey came with me before school and was almost in tears when we had to leave. Thankfully Buddy was able to come home that night...not in the of moods but at least he was home and Casey could be with him. As far as the cone...that is another story. Casey was very upset when we told him Buddy would have to wear a cone for a while, well come to find out he thought it would be like the orange traffic cones. How he got that idea I have no idea. The poor dog, it took him a couple of days to figure it out and now its just annoying to him. He can eat just fine and has learned to get his toys and kind of play with them but everyone is going to be happy have it off. I know its not nice to laugh at him but sometimes its hard not to.
Yesterday I rented a movie from RedBox, big deal because it was not a kid movie which is able all we rent anymore. It was "Grownups" with Adam Sandler and I must say it was very funny. I love getting movies that are good.
My son sure has interesting tastes for a kid...at least in my eyes. Yesterday I was going to make chicken tacos for supper. A good kid food right - not for my son. Instead he requested on the way home from school, Shrimp and Salmon. Well I was out of Salmon so instead of chicken tacos we had Cornflake crusted Talapia, Cocktail Shrimp, Pasta Salad and bread. Now the funny part is Casey loves to have cocktail sauce with his shrimp and last night he decided to try mixing ranch dress with the sauce. He downed about ten shrimp and an entire fillet of talapia. Sometime he makes me just shake my head and smile. The fish did turn out very good with the cornflake crust and very easy to make. Just crush cornflakes and add some spice to it...I used Italian seasoning and a little salt and pepper. Then take the fillets and crust the fish. Then place on a sheet tray and sprinkle with a little olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350. Very Yummy.
Today is Casey's snack day at school. His request was apples and teddy grahams. So this morning I had to peel, core and cut enough apples for 24 kids. Hopefully the lemon juice stopped them from turning brown before they were enjoyed.
Well that's enough for this post...I have kindergartner that needs to be picked up.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

It is always great to read about your days! Your son has expensive food tastes and the tilapia sounds soooo good. That is my favorite of fish. I have heard that Ranch Dressing makes everything better! That came from Grace! And she taught me that it does make grill cheese sandwiches extra better! Glad you got to watch an "adult" movie. Tom W says the same thing too...only rents kids movies. I just chuckle! BTW, Casey also has good taste in snacks. It just makes more work for Mom!