Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011



Well its the start of a new year and its going to be a different one for sure. Its strange to think that anything that occurs this year, good or bad will not be shared with dad. Its been over six months now and it still seems like a very bad dream. There are so many things I would love to share with him. From the new puppy that is keeping us so busy to the new things Casey is learning, doing and asking. I do know that one day we will be together again but when that day comes all these little things will not matter. I look forward to that day. I do realize that home is not the four walls that I grew up in but the people that filled those walls and the memories that were made. I just have to remember the great times I had as a child and try to make new memories from her on out.


On a lighter note, Casey is growing up so fast. He is so happy to be going back to school on Monday to be with his friends again. I love that school is still so much fun for him. We went to a Boise State basketball game and had a great time cheering on his team. As you can tell he loves the Broncos. A little hard for Daddy to take since he went to ISU, but its all fun and games.
So heres looking forward to a great 2011 with all it will have to offer.

2 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Lenae, you have a very good attitude about life right now and I love to read it. You had a wonderful Dad and I had a wonderful Brother. That is something I appreciate and wish I had told him that more often. I still miss my sister Edie, another wonderful sibling, and while your don't forget, it does get easier. When you want to "brag" about Casey, call me...I love to hear all about him. He is SUCH a darling... And do you know why there are only 31 days in the month??!! What a guy!

CrumleyCrew said...

Ya not sure how to explain the 31 days to a child that does not like the simple answer. I know my dad knew how much you appreicated him. I also know he felt the same way about you. He would tell me many times how much he enjoyed going in to see you guys.