Thursday, August 25, 2011

1st Grade

Yesterday Casey had his first day of school and loved it. Although I was told that it was not really the first day because it was only a half day of school and that he is not yet a first grader he is only half a first grader. After today he will be a true first grader. :) Got to love the way his mind works.


I figured the first day would go just fine and it did. We got to school and found that the parking lot was packed and there was not a single spot to park. So we had to park at the near by park and walk a little bit. Not a problem, it was kind of nice to get the fresh air. Once in the school we found his name on his desk, got his supplies unpacked and we were then told to leave so the kids to get to the fun. He knew about 5 of the other kids in his class and the teacher seems very nice. When I picked him up he was very talkative about how much fun it was to have recesses and be with his friends. He was also very sure to tell me that it was only half a day to the next day will be the real first day of school.


As for what I did while he was in school...Drank a cup of coffee and read some of my book. I got number 17 in the Stephanie Plum series and have not been able to read it. Then went out and did a little shopping, came back and cleaned the house, then it was time to pick up Casey. Its amazing how fast time goes. One of my goals it to get a school book started for Casey. I have a neat album and want to make a few pages for each grade.


I better end this post and get the little half first grader ready to walk out the door. Hopefully I will be able to get pictures posted soon. Have a wonderful Thursday all.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I am still laughing at Casey's comment about 1/2 a first grade!!! What a mind that boy has. You will make a wonderful school photo album I know. And give it to him at graduation! I am happy it all went well and pray that it will continue. Thanks for posting...I love it know about you!