Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where has summer gone

Its hard to believe how fast summer seems to go by now a days. It even harder to believe that Casey is going to start 1st grade on the 24th of this month. It seems like just yesterday he was getting ready for Kindergarten.

Kindergarten memories...School Picture, A poster he made of his likes and his favorite backpack

Our month of swimming lessons comes to an end tomorrow. Casey has done great again and really enjoys it. I love the place we have found for him and its nice to have the 30 minutes to just sit and soak up the sun.

As for my garden, I have red tomatoes. I found them yesterday. I also have a zucchini starting to come and there are a bunch more blossoms on the plant. As for my cucumbers, there are a hand full of tiny ones and many more blossoms. If my garden does what is it promising with the plants I will have veggies for days. :) Not a problem for us, I found a great recipe for zucchini bread so the more of that we can get the better. And Casey loves cucumbers, minus the skin. And as far as the tomatoes goes, I eat those like candy so...

Buddy has really grown over the summer. Yesterday I found myself sitting outside eating lunch and just watching him do his thing. He is very entertaining with is rock and his game. He chases the thing around the yard by pushing it with his paws and then when he gets tired he picks it up and heads for the shade. The funny thing was yesterday he decided that the plane that was flying over head should be barked at. Its normal for him to try and catch a bird or two but an airplane.

I found out yesterday that the Discovery center here in Boise is having a Space Exhibit for the next couple of days so after swimming lessons I think that will be our game plan. Since its right around lunch I figured Casey and I would enjoy a little picnic before hand and then check this place out. I have wanted to take Casey there for a while but have never gotten around to it so this seems like the perfect time.

Well my coffee pot just sang that it was done :):) so off to enjoy some coffee and my daily bible versus. Enjoy your day

3 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I read Monday and Tuesday's blogs just now....I was on a trip! Went to Kuna with my sis as Brianna was home for a long weekend. We got back this afternoon. Your garden is doing great from the sounds of it. Ours is coming along...but sort of slowly. I have done 22 pints of beans thus far. I can well imagine Casey doing well at any game...he is a thinker period!!! Keep on eating those fruits and vegetables and enjoy them. Wish we could have found a close GOOD fruit stand along the way! The summer IS going by even for retired folks and I want to grab hold and hang on tight. I am NOT ready to let it go!!!

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

Those sure are some cute pictures. Yes, summer is going by quickly, but I am actually looking forward to some cooler weather. Don't forget to send me the zucchini bread recipe! Glad you are getting lots of things from your garden!
It would be fun to watch Buddy and just relax in the sun. Glad you can do that!
I love you Lenae!

CrumleyCrew said...

Wait A. Alice, you were in Kuna and did not come see me...I am hurt. :( No I understand but next time you will not get off without at least calling me to let me know. Hope you had fun.

Linda, I will get the recipe for the bread to you soon. I promise.