Friday, August 26, 2011

Day Two

We now have a full first grader in the house. The second day of first grade went great for Casey. He is getting back into the morning routine so far. Its a good thing he has never been a late sleeper because it takes a little for him to fully wake up in the morning. When I picked him up at 3:15 he was so excited to tell me all about recesse and PE and lunch. The only problem is when you ask him about the rest of the day he cannot remember. He told me that the learning part of school is hard to remember, the fun stuff pushed the learning stuff out. Its not hard to learn the new stuff just to remember it to tell me about it. Another great reason to help in his class this year. Once home we spent about two hours playing battleship, yes almost two hours. Only two games in that time frame as well. I found a U-Build it Battleship game, its just like the good old battleship game but you get to build the boats out of legos which Casey finds just as much fun as the game.

As for my day, I spent it running more errors. Brent it going on a climb this Friday night and Saturday so I did the shopping for his supplies. He also worked from home yesterday so I got other odds and ends done, like getting a couple of goodie bags made for a couple of kids that have birthdays coming up.

Today is day three so we will see what new expression Casey has today. Not sure what our weekend will hold, I am hoping to talk Casey into going down to the Farmers Market but if not we will find something to keep us busy on Saturday. Somehow we always do.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

That boy never fails me....now I am laughing about the fun stuff pushing out the learning stuff!!! so fun to read your blog. I am sure you will find something to do on Saturday...you always do is right! Farmers Market would be a fun thing to do for me anyway!