Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Monday Monday

I am so happy, this week I get to start off with a working microwave. Our old one died over a week ago and we got the new one in yesterday. Its amazing how much you miss something when its gone. Casey is happy to have it back to because now he can have pizza bites for lunch. I know you can make them in the oven but on a hot day it was hard to turn the oven on just for a few pizza bites.

Our weekend was pretty good. Brent did his yearly hike on Saturday so Friday night Casey and I slept on the pull out bed. For some reason he likes to sleep on that bed when Brent is gone, so you know where I will be sleeping for most of hunting season. On Saturday we did a lot of nothing...played game after game after game. Life, Candy Land, Memory, and Checkers. Casey is getting very good at checkers, he beat me in the first game and just about had me in the second. Then at about 5:00 my bro called to see if we would like to go to a Hawks baseball game with him and his family. Of course we jumped on it and had a great time. Its funny you know if Casey is comfortable around you by the way he talks. If hes a chatter box then hes just fine with you. I dont believe he stopped talking all night. We got home about 5 minutes after Brent did so Casey was able to have his nightly routine back, brushing teeth with daddy and what not.

Sunday came with heat and another day of just being lazy. Casey and I went to church after I made pancakes for breakfast. Brent wanted to get some work done so decided not to go to church with us. Once back from a great message we got the new microwave in. The thing was not heavy but in such a place that made it awkward to install. Right over the stove and when your short like me it makes it a little interesting. But its in and works great. :) After that job Casey and I went to the store and got some yummy fruit. I love summer for the fruits and veggies that are so good.

So that was the weekend. Nothing to exciting but still fun. Hope you all had a good weekend. We are off to the last week of swimming lessons for the year. Its amazing how fast time goes.

1 comment:

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

So glad you have your microwave in - yes, you do miss things when you don't have it! Sounds fun to play the games like that with Casey! That is really making lots of memories. So glad you were able to go to the game with Rick and his family and that Casey had so much fun with them!