Monday, August 22, 2011

Short Break

So I have taken a short break from blogging but I hope I am back...

The last few weeks have been busy but not crazy. Casey starts school on Wednesday which is crazy but its part of life. We went to the school last week just to do a final check on the time it starts, 8:40, which class he is in, Mr. Trumble, and where the class is located. We also got to see his kindergarten teacher and met one of the other first grade teachers. I just wanted to make sure to know where the class room was located for the first day. Casey is very much looking forward to it which will be a huge help for all of us. We have all his supplies ready and his backpack from last year is still a hit, big bonus there. It will be interesting to see what stories he has for me after the first day. As for me it I am looking forward to having a little time to myself but am looking at the idea of finding a job that will allow me to be home when he is home. I do have a bible study starting in September which I am very much looking forward to...The Bad Girls of the Bible is what the study is going to be on. I am looking forward to it for the class and to be back with the ladies.

A couple of week ago Casey and Brent went to Idaho Falls for a few days to help his dad with harvest and I stayed in Boise. I had a dr. appointment on Monday and they were going to be gone Saturday to Wednesday so I would have to miss the appointment. I found out that I have plantar facitias...not as bad as it sounds but still annoying. There is a tendon that runs on the bottom of your foot and when I tripped I rammed my heel into the floor and made it snap. The dr. gave me a brace thing to wear which has helped so much. But back to the guys being gone. I spent Saturday doing nothing, just being home and getting the house cleaned, they did not leave until after 2:00. Then on Sunday my wonderful nephew came over to spend the day with me...He got here about lunch time so we went to Baja Fresh. Love that place because they have a salsa bar and wonderful food. Then he went to play golf with Gabby and Hannah. After his golf game he came back and picked me up and we went to the Hawks Baseball game. The best part of the game...we got free tickets and sat right behind the home plate. We just got to the gate at the riht time and a guy had extra tickets that he did not want. The game was so so but still fun. William then decided to stay the night which was fine with me...I love having that guy around. He has a great outlook on life and just makes everything fun.

Monday was my foot appointment which I was so thankful to have it just be something simple and not a broken bone. The appointment ended up being close to an hour because I had to wait for the dr to see me and then he was a talker, nice guy but glad I did not have anywhere else to be.

Tuesday was more of just doing things that needed to get done. I wanted to spend time working on my pictures but kept putting it off. I did end up getting up to 2010 which is good but not as much as I would have liked. Hopefully once Casey starts school I can get the rest done.

Wednesday the guys got home about 5:00, so I spent the day doing laundry and getting the grocery shopping done. It was so nice to have the time to myself but also nice to have the guys home. Casey had a great time helping with the harvest and I think Brent also had a good time working on the farm again. He likes to go back and remember his childhood like that.

Since them we have been getting things ready for school and just being. Casey and I have gone to the zoo with some friends and then had a picnic afterwards. We also went to the Discovery Center which Casey loved. It is a great place and I believe we will be going back soon.

My garden was doing great until...Buddy. I must have left the gate unlocked because a couple of morning ago I went outside and my one squash was in the yard, half eaten and some of my tomato plants were tramped as well as my cucumbers. I only hope they can come back and be ok. I have gotten close to 10 tomatoes this year so far so that's good.

So that's a small catch up on the last few weeks of our life...I wish I could show you pictures of my garden but this blog will not let me load them so maybe next time. Pray Wednesday goes well for Casey and for mom. :)

2 comments:

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

I'm praying for you and for Casey as he starts school today - wow, 1st grade! So glad you had a fun time with William - he is such a sweetheart! Love you Lenae!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Fun to catch up with you on your blog! I will be praying that Wednesday goes well with you and Casey. I am so glad he is anxious for school. And I wish I could hear his stories about school...can only imagine!!! I will pray too that you can find a job...at the school would be really nice, then you would have the same days off. And you already have experience in the classroom.....! But part time would be even better I think. Sorry about your garden and Buddy...that stinker! Thankfully Hank has left our garden totally alone...doesn't even run thru it. He does like cooked beans we have discovered...and he will eat carrots sometimes. NOT squash!!! That was nice you would spend some time with William...he is a sweetheart, really!