Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day







Two wonderful fathers in my life...my own dad and my hubby.


Today is a bitter sweet day for me as most of you know. Its another day down with my jaw, its looking like a wonderful day to be outside. Its also a day to celebrate dads...I have a wonderful husband that is also a wonderful father. But my own dad is not here and thats the bitter part. But I am not going to let myself dwell on what I dont have, instead be happy and thankful for what I do have. Here is the breakfast I made for Brent this morning.
Strawberries from the back yard.

French Toast, Sausage, an Egg and of course fresh strawberries and a few grapes. Waffles or french toast are a normal meal for Sunday but this was a little more speical with the sausage and egg. My crazy son wanted cereal, strawberries, grapes and then three sausage. I guess its good to eat what you like.


As for the jaw, I was able to get a juicer yesterday from a cousin here in Boise so today is going to be a day of trying it out. Hopefully it will work and I will be able to add some veggies back into my diet. We spent most of yesterday getting things in order around the house and then went to the library for a new card. Somehow I lost mine, I think I threw it away with a bunch of other papers but it is now replaced so all is good. Then we hit Fred Meyer for some protein powders and shakes and all that fun stuff. I pulled out some chicken for the boys to have last night which Brent cooked on the grill. It smelled yummy and they both liked it so thats good. I had some very good Spicy Black Bean soup. To tell you the truth it was good, as good as the chicken...probably not but what can ya do. Another positive is my legs/feet are starting go down from some of the swelling. So thats another big plus.


That about sums it up for now. Happy fathers day to all the dads out there. More later

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I didn't know about your legs/feet! Glad that is improving. I am amazed at what you are "sipping"...sounds pretty good to me. I never did care for veggie juices but if you can add that to your diet, all the better. I noticed that some have mentioned whey...whatever/however form that comes in. Keep up your good attitude my dear niece, the Lord will give you the strength you need for each day. I sure hope the time seems to go fast for you. Love you!