Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Its a hot one today

What a day...we spent almost as much time outside as we did inside.

After taking Casey to school I went to Grocery Outlet...love that store. A huge watermelon for only 3.99, the new soup I am eating was only 99 cents, and the wine section is just amazing. Then came home and just did the normal things, laundry, got my shopping list for Alberstons and cut up the watermelon. I will juice some of it tomorrow. I also found that if I mix my protein powder with milk and coffee its very good.

Then off to pick up Casey. I don't think we were home for more than five minutes before Casey was out the door in his swim suit. I made my lunch, another yummy green smoothie, changed my clothes and headed outside. Its amazing, I was able to get a lot of my piles cleaned up while Casey and buddy played. We have a plastic pool that they destroyed, it was a year old and ready for the trash anyway. I then changed the hose to the sprinkler and they played/fought with the water for over and hour. Good way to spend the afternoon when its almost 100 degrees.

Supper was Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken, with the last of the asparagus, salad, and rolls. Then after supper we went took a walk to a candy store down in Bown Crossing. Casey had a free ice cream from the library reading program and figured it would be a good night for it. Well Casey didn't want the cone so Brent got it and Casey got some chocolate gelato. Got to love a kid that would rather have gelato then ice cream. After that we headed to the canal to give buddy a little time to cool off.

Now I am here enjoying some pudding with watermelon. Very good. :) Hope you all have a cool place to be tonight.

Looking forward to the appointment tomorrow, lets pray for a good bill of health, hey maybe they will say its all better and then take them off. Wishful thinking I know but whats wrong with that.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Not a thing wrong with wishful thinking...as long as you know it is just that!!! I too wish it could come off today, but surely do hope and pray all is going well. You are doing amazing my dear girl and I am sure the Lord is right there holding your hand. Your sipping meals really do sound good. Glad you can get a taste of watermelon on a hot day! Sounds like Casey and buddy are the best of buddies!!! Love it!