Sunday, June 26, 2011

I think I have a fish for a Child

We made it to church this morning, which turned out to be a wonderful thing. I was able to see and talk to the leader of the bible study I did not to long ago. Very nice to talk to her. Casey also enjoyed it because his class got to go outside and play and then got a Popsicle for a treat.

After church Casey got a hair cut. A nice short summer cut that he is still trying to get use to. Then off to a birthday party for us. Casey went to school with Alex and his sister turned three. Brent also works with Alex's mom so that's the connection there. They had the party down at Sandy Shores and while the weather was nice there was a small chill in the air but that didn't stop the kids from playing in the water. I was very proud of Casey, he was able to play with all the kids without his normal few minutes of being shy. Infact it was a little bit of a fight to get him to leave the water. The guys enjoyed their hamburgers and hot dogs while I had my lovely green drink. :) Only a few more weeks then its a nice big meal.






After four hours at the party we came home and Casey talked Brent into going to the gym for more swim time. They have family swim on the weekends and Casey loves it. While they were gone I got two cups of strawberries picked. Its amazing how many we are getting from our little patch in the back yard. I am saving some for after this lovely wiring is done. They have to many seeds to deal with right now. Once home from the gym Casey jumped in the tub for a little clean off. He was so happy with the fact that he was in the water three times today. :) The simple things that make him happy make me smile.


I tried mashed potatoes with my soup tonight, not bad but next time I will get them a little thinner. I have a hard time getting them though the cracks in my teeth. It was nice to have something different though. Then topped off the night with a nice big bowl of pudding. Looking forward to another week. Thursday will be appointment number two. Praying for even more good news. Good night all...


1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Missed yesterday's report so I have two good reports to read today! I am sorry you have some bad days but I can't imagine that all days would be good. Just glad that you know a good day can follow. Also can't imagine not being able to eat what you want...and you are doing so well with that too. You really are hanging in there! Sounds like Casey loves the water. I am happy he is getting swim lessons. Water is not my favorite place to be near....but I do like to watch it! Into week two and keeping an upbeat attitude! Love you, Lenae and praying every day for you