Thursday, July 7, 2011

Amazing


It is so amazing how the Lord works. Since this has happened to my jaw I have had a want/need/desire to bake. Crazy because its been rather warm and there has been a lot of other things going one but still in the back of my mind I have wanted to bake something, anything. Making dinner and the like for my guys has been nice but still...Brent can eat only so much and our freezer can only hold so much. So why is the Lord so amazing, well there are many reasons but last night I found a place to take a few things that I can bake. I never really even prayed about it, it was just a desire on my heart and the Lord answered the unasked desire. I love that... Our church is having Vacation Bible School and they need goodies for the kids. I got an e-mail forward about it and of course am jumping on the idea. I am going to make Lucky Charm treats, Banana Oatmeal Muffins, 7 layer bars and maybe oatmeal candy. The Lucky Charm Treats are like rice crispy treats only with Lucky Charms. The banana muffins are to get all the bananas out of the freezer and I figure if the kids are not fond of them the adults can have a little treat. I have not made 7 layer bars for a long time and figure they will be a hit because who does not like chocolate and a maybe on the Oatmeal candy only because I dont know if I will have time.



As for the rest of Wednesday, I got a lot of laundry finished. A nice feeling for sure but somehow that stuff just keeps coming. I dont like turning my back on the clothes basket because it feels like it just multiplies. Got a lot of other little odds and ends done. Very good feeling to cross stuff off the list.



Casey has been making Brown Brown what do you see at school and got to bring the finished book home. He was able to read most of the book to both me and his dad last night. I dont know how much of it was from memory and how much he actually read but it was still sweet.



We did get more icee syrup, watermelon and cherry this time. Another thing I found was four peppers almost ready to pick from the garden, one tiny green tomato starting and it looks like we might get a few carrots. As for the strawberries, I think they might be coming to an end. It still is amazing how many we got from that small patch. As you can see from the pictures...we have gotten a good fill daily. For the last almost month Brent has gotten to have glass, almost a full cup of strawberries for breakfast.





One last amazing thing is the friends my sister have. I received a very sweet letter and a magazine from someone that I have never met on Tuesday. She is a friend of my sister and just figured I would like the magazine, which I do.



Doctor on Thursday at 2:30. New xray and praying for great news. Thank you all for your prayers and thank you Lord for all the answered prayers...those asked and those only thought about.

2 comments:

Russell-Linda Ruga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Lenae,
I totally understand about the whole baking thing and then no where for it to go. We went to Aberdeen a few weeks ago and I brought shortbread, blueberry tea cakes and even ice cream! I bake more then we eat it!
So glad your appointment today went so well! How exciting to finally get to eat something!!
Heidi