Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Metal Free

What a great day. I am now free of all the metal in my mouth and truly getting back to normal. I still need to be careful with some of the foods I eat, I mean after almost six weeks of not really using my jaw, it needs time to get back into shape. Basically I am going to try and stay away from really hard candy and very chewy candy, steak and sandwiches with chewy bread. The nice thing about this visit to the doc was I came home and was not so out of it as to not remember anything. Infact the only thing I dont really remember is the time right after the appointment and the drive home. This time I was able to eat some lunch and supper. Very nice since I was told not to eat anything from midnight until after the appointment which was at 10:00. That meant to breakfast, no coffee not even any water. So not a good morning for me but willing to do it for the end result.

As for the teeth/mouth. No really pain, the gums are very tender and when I try to brush them they bleed a little but thats to be expected. So all in all this experience is one for the record/history books.

I believe this weekend we are going to try a camping trip. With summer going by so fast it will be nice to get out for a couple of days and just get away from it all. The best part is I will be wire free, something I was very concerned about when Brent went on his last camping trip. I had wires and only two rubber bands it just did not seem like a wise idea so I am really looking forward to this one...even if all we do is fish and hang around the camp fire it will be fun.

Casey is still loving swimming lessons, he had to miss today because of the doc but I made it up to him with a happy meal for dinner. I believe we are going to sign him up for two more weeks of lessons which will put him very close to the start of first grade. Thats something very strange to say, I have a son in first grade. Where does the time go.

Speaking of time I better get moving, time to get things cleaned up and get ready for bed. Wire free boy its wonderful :)

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I can only imagine how wonderful it is to be wire free. I doubt I would have had the nice attitude you did. So happy it is over. I am glad you are going camping. Have a fun time. Bring good books and read without thinking that there are household chores to be done! That is one thing I really liked about camping. During our camping we didn't have cell phones so I was really "away"! Loved it!.