Thursday, July 14, 2011

WOW

What can say about Wednesday other than WOW. It was one of those days that make me glad I have a Savior I can pray to ask for help/comfort/peace. It started out as a normal day, got Casey up and ready for school. Brent rode his bike into work as he like to do on the nice days. We decided after looking at the freezer that we would have to get it checked by a professional. So once I got back from school, I called a few places and found someone to come out. He would be here between 12 and 1 which made it work for getting Casey and not missing him. Thankfully the dishwasher is still working fine. :) So as Casey and I were driving home I got a call from the guy and he wanted to know if he could swing by sooner, like in the next 10 or 15 minutes...sure that worked for us. As we were pulling into the garage, he pulled up. After looking at the freezer he said the air compressor was shot and the only fix was to buy a new one. :( But while he was waiting to see how it was working he fixed the washer for me. Just did a couple little things to it so I now have a washing machine again. :):) So happy, I was able to get a couple loads done and in the dryer. After he left I called Brent to let him know where we stood on the freezer. He decided to check craigs list and see if there was something out there that would work. Well he found something, out in Caldwell that looked promising. So Casey and I loaded into the pickup, since Brent rode his bike it was still here. It turned into a 45 minute drive out there, we got the freezer loaded into the truck, stopped to gas up the truck and then headed home. Now the trip home was about an hour, solely because I had a freezer, standing up in the truck and the fear that the thing would tip over or somehow have a problem so I drove a slow 55 miles an hour home. Good news, there is a lot of road construction that stretch of interstate so the speed was not a huge issue. It was just nerve racking to drive with that thing in the truck and have big truck pass. But thankfully we made it home in piece and when Brent got home he had a couple neighbors help unload the thing. It it now in the garage, plugged into make sure it gets cold enough for the food.

As we were driving home I was of course praying the entire time that nothing would happen and when I turned to look at Casey I just about cried because he was in his car seat praying as well. His little eyes were closed and his hand folded in prayer. :) Thursday is my appointment so pray that it goes better than the week has gone. I should not say that because the week has just been a crazy week of things that were bound to go wrong, they just all went wrong at the same time. So pray that things are on track for the healing process.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

WOW is right...I read your blog holding my breath! You are amazing, Lenae, truly amazing. And I think that is the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time that Casey was praying right along with you. He too knows where to turn for help. What a testimony!!! I do pray that today's appointment will be a good report. And I am glad that your other appliances are getting fixed. What a week is right!!! Praise the Lord!