Sunday, July 24, 2011

And their off

That's what we got to hear last night. We took Casey to the horse races here in Boise. It was a lot of fun and funny to hear him try and pick his horses. Saturday turned into a very fun unplanned day. Brent and Casey went out to try out Brents new gun and I did a few things that needed to get done, return books to the library, return clothes and it was so nice to do it when Casey was able to be with Brent. He is good when it comes to things like that but does not enjoy it. So once they got back we headed to the races. We watched six of the eight races and for each one Casey would pick his horses. Usually it sounded something like this...

Mommy: Which horse do you want to win Casey?
Casey: Well I like horse one, two, four, five and six.
Mommy: Whats wrong with horse three?
Casey: I just dont want him in this race.

Then when the race started horse three was in the lead.

Casey: Wait I want horse three to win...go three, go three, go three

Thats pretty much how the entire evening went. But he had fun and there was no money spent on the ponies so no harm done. After we finished there we stopped at Applebees for dinner, Casey got a free meal from the library for his reading so we redeemed it. I had their Fajita Burger which was a hamburger in a tortilla shell, it was very good...I just removed the shell and added extra pico.

It is supposed to be a hot day today. Somewhere in the 100's but we will see if that mark is hit. I believe Brent wanted to float the river today but not to worry. I will sit this float out, I know I am being overly careful but I really dont care. There is a lot of moving and bumping on a river float and thats the last thing I want/need to have happen to my face. As of Tuesday, the metal will be gone...:):):):):) SO happy, my poor mouth is raw. The metal has started to rub the inside of my cheeks and it just hurts. But only for a few more days.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and a great next week.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

You are being very careful and that is the way I like it!!! That sounded like it would have been fun to be at the races also...that Casey is just plain fun! I am betting the float trip was a nice way to cool off. It was hot here today, but already nice this evening. So glad. And, oh yes, I will be happy for Tuesday also...well, maybe more for Wednesday when you are all back to normal. Wahoo!!! But I will pray that all goes well on Tuesday and that the day is better than you think!