Saturday, July 16, 2011

Where does time go

Its hard to believe but Casey is now done with summer school. We could start a count down to when 1st grade starts but that seems a little sad. I cannot believe he is almost in 1st grade. It seems like yesterday he was starting preschool. He had a great time at his ice cream party. He told me that he liked the rainbow ice cream but only had a few bites because he wanted to get out and play. Yes thats my son, he would rather play than eat ice cream. :) Got to love it. I was able to go thru most of his school stuff and get it in order which is nice. Now I have one box of some crafts and papers that he has done...I would love to save it all but there is just no way.

This weekend is looking to be a nice unbusy one. Its nice to have them every so often. We have a birthday party on Saturday for a guy Brent runs with and the Sunday is just church. I received a call from the pastor of the church on Thursday, he just wanted to say Hi and let me know that they were still praying for me about my jaw. I thought that was very nice of him to call and find out. Thats what I like about the smaller churches, they feel more like you are a part of it.

Now if only the piece for the stove would arrive we would be able to get past this last week of whats next. The great news is the new freezer is working like a charm. After a night of me not opening it see if its getting cold it got nice and cold. It is a little smaller than the old one but I will take it. For the price we paid and the time we got is nothing wrong with a little less room.

Maybe soon I will get some new pictures to post on this blog. I just dont think pictures of a freezer or a broken washing machine would be that interesting. But when swim lessons start...the pictures will start as well. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Your weekend is shaping up nicely! I am waiting for 10:00 AM to leave for conference...and it is hot already! Oh well.... So glad everything is working as it should. Surely is nice of your pastor to call and ask after you. Wish we have more people like that.....maybe we do and they just dont' call me! But I am doing fine, likewise Mike so that's okay. I look forward to pictures of Casey swimming!

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

Lenae, I have so enjoyed reading your blogs and talking to you almost every day! Something that I did with the boys art work and things from school that I just couldn't save, was take a picture of them holding it. That way I still have a record of what they did.
Love you so much and am so glad things are going well with your mouth. Praying for an excellent report on Wednesday!
Love you!