Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm Back





What a busy but fun weekend. Lagoon turned out to work just fine as did Idaho Falls. Thank you for all your prayers on the matter. I know that's why it went so well. So where do I start with our trip...why not from the start. :)


We left Friday morning at about 7:00. Buddy went to Idaho Falls with Jolene, Brent's Sister and we headed to Lagoon. We went with Cameron, Becky and their little family. The drive down was nice for a drive, I am not big on spending a lot of time in the car and with a liquid diet it meant a few more stops than normal. But all was good. Thankfully with three little guys I was not the only one that needed a bathroom from time to time. I made lunches for everyone in our car before we left and Casey and Brent ate as we got close to Lagoon. I just sipped away on my lunch. Once got to the park Cameron and his family had their lunch and then the kids and guys were off to the rides. Becky had her little baby so we just got to sit and enjoy watching the kids on the rides. The weather was just about perfect for the day as well...not to hot and not to cold. As you can tell from the pictures they had fun. The twins love Casey and would follow him just about anywhere.




The Boys...Aiden, Ross and Casey



Family Picture time, with one of Casey's favorite rides in the back...a water slide



The dino drop...another big hit



Casey got to fly a chopper


After a full day of rides and fun we headed to Applebees for dinner. I just made my meal in the parking lot and then sipped away in the restaurant. Thankfully they had not problem with it...minus the fact I ordered a beer and the waiter told me that technically he was not allowed to serve it to me since I did not order a meal but he was going to be nice and let me have it. :)


After a good meal we headed to the hotel. A very nice hotel indeed. A huge king bed, a nice big bathroom and a nice pull out couch. I took the couch because I was up and down all night and from what Brent said it was a good thing because Casey ended up taking up most, if not all of the king bed. Somehow that kid can move like a worm when he sleeps.


The next morning we ate at the hotel. I have never seen a breakfast spread like they had for free. Everything from waffles you make yourself to biscuits and gravy. They also had scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa, onions, sausage, french toast, cereal, oatmeal, fresh berries, toast, muffins and the list went on. Then they had the best coffee and a wide variety of juice. Then the best part they even had yogurt. I was able to save my yogurt for another day just eat theirs. I mixed it with some fresh berry juice and milk. Wow was that lovely. Once everyone stuffed themselves we headed back to Lagoon for day two and the $10 bounce back special.


Day two was a little harder just because it was so much hotter and everyone went into the water. I was very leery of the water and all the movement that could happen so I just hung out on the grass and read a book and got some other things done. Not the most exciting thing but it worked. After about four more hours of Lagoon we decided it was time to say good bye to Cameron and family and make our way to Idaho Falls. I had made my lunch in the hotel that morning and Brent stopped and got a meal after we left the park. Poor Casey was so out of it he was asleep even before we were out of the parking lot. I had a lunchable in the cooler for him so once he woke up thats what he had.


We got to Idaho Falls and got the car unpacked and Brent and Casey went down to check out the farm while I got the cooler unpacked and the ice in the freezer. Jolene and LaDawn came back up to the house and we had a nice visit while the guys finished up things on the farm. They had fresh watermelon and I found that if I cut it small enough I can get it back in where my wisdom teeth should be. Not quite the same but boy was it good. Messy and probably kind of gross to watch but so good. Then it was off to bed after everyone got home and got dinner and conversations out of the way.


On Sunday we just hung out around the house and farm. Jolene, LaDawn and I went into Idaho Falls and did a little fireworks shopping but that was about the extent of the outings. We also spent a few hours down on the farm just playing and relaxing. They have a canal that Buddy played in for almost the entire time. Great fun to watch him. Then that night the family had hot dogs and all the fixing. I had a great mix of potatoes and french onion soup. Very good I must say. After it got dark we let off the fireworks and watched some that others had. I don't think we made it to bed until about 11:30, no big deal but a little late for Casey.


On the 4th, which is today we slept in a little and then headed to Aberdeen for a while to see U. Mike and A. Alice. It was great fun being able to talk to them and introduce Buddy. After a wonderful visit and a new tank for Casey we were on the road again. One more stop to make and then home. We stopped in American Falls and saw mom. I think it as good to make her see Casey and we even got her outside to see Buddy and get some fresh air. Brent and Casey had Subway for lunch and I had my potato and soup again. Then it was home again home again. I think Casey slept almost the entire way. Making up for the late nights and long hours at Lagoon. I also slept for a good portion of the trip. Poor Brent had to drive and stay awake.


But now we are back home and as Casey said...Boy it feels good to be home again. So it was a great weekend and I cannot wait until Thursday to find out how things look in my mouth. :) Well I hear the fireworks going so I think I am going to go watch a few. Casey is asleep after some fighting and I think Brent it out as well. We were going to let Casey stay up to watch them but with school tomorrow it just didn't seem like a good idea. Time to get back into some kind of routine. Enjoy your fireworks and thank you again for all the prayers.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Fun indeed! I am glad it worked for you, but the way you listed all the breakfast items, I am thinking it was very hard to see and not touch! I so hope this Thursday comes fast and a good report, and, of course, more teeth brushing! T'would be nice if the Dr. said, okay, have a bite of food!!! Now THAT would be better than brushing, yes??!! I can dream can't I?! I am so with you in this trial, and I even thought about trying a day of only liquids....I did not even get started....sorry, Lenae!