Friday, July 8, 2011

WOW

I am still a little stunned/amazed/numb. Thankfully its not just a dream. I can open my mouth a little and its not just a dream. I love it, love it, love it. I am going to head to Winco and get a watermelon and just enjoy it. I still have to be very careful because its not 100% healed, about 95% so I dont want to overuse it. The doc said no steak for me yet but I can do soft foods, think more baby food than just liquids. But I will take it. Last night for supper I had overcooked pasta and then a very large piece of chocolate cake. It was heaven to be able to use my tongue for something and to be able to truly eat something. I have a new appointment next Thursday at 3:30 and we will find out whats next. Either another week of the part open or I will be able to schedule an appointment and have everything taken off. :):):):):) Can you tell I am happy about it all, I must stay I am still a little stunned that this is almost over. I can see the end of the tunnel just a little more.

So what are a few things I have learned from this...there are amazing people out there. I have to thank John for the juicer, both of my sisters for the wonderful care packages, my sister in law for introducing me to the soups and have kept me drinking, my husband and my son for all they have done for me. Brent made sure I stayed involved in things like going to Lagoon and just being there. Casey made sure to treat me like a mom still, with questions nonstop and just being a normal little guy. Thank you to for all those that have prayed for me. I know I still have a week or more to go but I just wanted to get those thank yous out. The prayers are still needed because I have to figure out what foods can be eaten and not over due it. That will be the big thing now, to slowly introduce the foods back into the diet.

Anyway, life is still busy. I spent yesterday before the dr appointment make some goodies for VBS. Two pans of Lucky Charm Treats, which is just like rice crispy treats only with Lucky Charms. Then on pan of 7-layer bars which was supposed to be for the kids of VBS but Brent ended up eating a few and wanting to keep a few home. Not a problem just funny. Now tomorrow I think it will be a second batch of 7-layer bars and the new recipe for Banana Bread I found. Casey has a play date after summer school so I can get it done then. Believe it or not its the best way I now of to relax.

As for the weekend, I believe Brent and Casey are going camping with Brent's parents. I have decided to avoid this trip just because I don't want to over due it. :) So I will get the camping stuff ready for them and then enjoy a very quiet weekend.

Thank you again to everyone who has supported me. Love you all

2 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

WOW is right....so very happy for you and relieved that you have a break even before you expected it. You are enjoying things in life right now that I don't even give a thought too. Remind me often of the little things to appreciate!! Wish you lived closer, I am sure I would take some of those goodies off your hands...no wait, I think I am glad you don't live closer...I don't have very much discipline when it comes to sweets! I hope you enjoy your weekend, just take it easy is good! Happy hugs to you!

wenzawenz said...

Wow, Lenae! Where I have I been? I saw your comment today on Facebook, and went back to find out what happened! I'm so sorry!!! I've just been sitting here thinking about all the things I wouldn't be able to do with my jaw wired shut... I'll be praying for you! And I must say, you've got a fabulous attitude!