Thursday, July 21, 2011

Its almost over

What a great middle to the week. I had my weekly appointment on Wednesday instead because the doc was going to be out of the office on Thursday and Friday. After an xray and some moving of my jaw he said to make an appointment for the removal and that I dont need the two bands anymore. As far as how I should treat my mouth over the next few days, just be careful and stay away from the rocks. Then on Tuesday at 10 I will get an IV and be put under again. Not looking forward to that part but then I wake up I will me free of the metal. Its going to be a wonderful feeling.

As for the rest of the day, Casey had a great time at swimming lessons. The weather was not the nice heat from the day before but it was not to bad. Since I had the dr appointment in the afternoon we did not get to the birdhouse. Instead I had Casey help me get things ready for supper. Cornflake crusted Chicken with stuffing and corn. I had Casey crush up the cornflakes for the chicken pieces and then add the spices to the mixture. He got a kick out of being able to crush them and then we marinaded the chicken in some sun dried tomato marinade while at the dr appointment. Once I got a call from Brent saying he was going to be heading home I got the chicken coated and in the oven. Brent rode his bike to work so that gave me more than enough time to get the chicken done. It turned out to be a good meal, minus the stuffing according to Casey but Brent and I both liked it.

So it was a great day, sorry there are no pictures for this post hopefully the next one will have a few.

2 comments:

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

Your supper sounds good. That is so sweet of Casey to help you like that! He is such a sweetheart. Glad this ordeal with the metal in your mouth is almost over! You've done a great job of being positive through out it all. Love you so much.

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Ah, the end is near!!! I was glad to hear that the reason was the doctor was out of the office till Tuesday rather than that you had more healing to do! You have the greatest sounding meals.....wonder if I had a helper like you if I would do more. Nope, don't think I would!!! I am lazy, well that and Mike doesn't like his chicken anyway but plainly baked. We have started adding rosemary to the chicken and that is pretty good. And I am sure that preparing only one meal is a treat after five weeks of two!! Thanks for your phone calls. Maybe soon I won't be so busy doing something else when you call. I am getting tired!