Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm Back after no internet for almost three days

I have not fallen off the face of the earth or even left Boise for that matter. Instead my Internet has been down for the few days. Of course it chose this weekend to not have service. I say that because Brent and Casey went camping so I have had a couple of days to myself. Friday night it went out so I called the company and they were having a power outage on their end. No big deal, I figured it would be fixed by morning, boy was I wrong. It did not get fixed until Sunday afternoon at about 3:30 but I wrote up my Saturday just Incase you were interested.

On Saturday Brent decided to run in the local half, Fit 4 Life. Its a nice run on the greenbelt that started at 7:30, which is close to the normal time he runs on most Saturdays. So while he was out running Casey and I got the cooler ready to go and made sure all the blankets, sleeping bags, and odds and ends were ready to be packed for their trip. I decided to sit out this camping trip because of my jaw. I know its almost better but that almost had me a little worried that if I went I might do something to jeopardize the progress. Sleeping in a tent with a child that moves around like crazy or ridding four-wheelers over dirt tracks or just slipping when walking around when fishing. All could cause a problem that I dont want to have happen. Instead, I stayed home and got a good deal of things crossed off my list of to do when the mood hits. You know things like clean out/organize the craft stuff, clean out the hall closet, clean up the books in the office. Stuff that does not have a deadline to be done but nice to have it in order. So I took about an hour and cleaned out our outside freezer and inside freezer. A job that I have wanted to get done for a long time now and now I know what in there and what needs to be used. Big plus is now everything is in a place to be seen. After my fingers wormed up a little I got all the treats ready and took them to the church, very glad I decided to take them on Saturday instead of waiting until Sunday. There was a group of girls there getting ready for VBS so I was able to just leave them with them and not have it be a big deal on Sunday. Home again I decided to vacuum the entire house...I mean really vacuum it. I cleaned behind the blinds in all the windows...yucky. Cleaned under the couch and just did a full job of it. Dont get me wrong I vacuum almost every other day but this was one of those jobs that took some time. With that done I sat down and did something that I have only done a hand full of times since Casey had been born. I read a book, cover to cover. It was an easy read but still it was so nice. I listen to books nonstop but to sit down and read one was very nice. The author is Catherine Anderson, the series that I have all book of is about the Coulter brothers. They are cowboys who all have their own love story. I am not big on the romance novels and I dont think these fall into that category, instead they are about the trials each brother and one sister faces in their life and how they work it out and in the end, end up with the person that is just right for them. Good reads if you like that kind of thing. Bright eyes is the one I read for a second time and it follows Zeke as he falls in love with his neighbor. She is divorced and has kid that causes trouble for Zeke on the farm. He has the boy work off the bill and in the end finds a family to love and helps Natalie, the boys mother find worth in herself. So maybe it does fall in the romance category but there is enough other stuff going on to keep it interesting. Anyway enough about the book. For supper last night I made scrambled eggs with cheese and very mushy onions. Then on the side I had some sweet potatoes that I cooked when I was fixing the treats for VBS. Just wrapped them in foil and let them cook as the bread was baking. Still staying on soft food at the moment but its amazing how much more energy and strength I have being able to get more than just liquid in. I was going to go to bed early but that didn't happen. Instead I got distracted cleaning out a kitchen cupboard and did not make it back to bed until about 11 but that just meant I was able to sleep in, another thing that does not happen when the guys are home.

No comments: