Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to the daily life

Boy it really nice to be home. Don't get me wrong I love to see family and friends but being home has such a nice feeling as well. To be home and have my own bed and to be back into the routine is really nice.

Casey was very happy to be back in school. :) Always a plus to start the morning that way. After dropping him off I stopped for some grocery shopping and ended up buying much more than planned but it was all on a great deal. Pork loin for only 2.99, how can you pass that up when its a family favorite. In fact thats what I fixed the guys for supper. Just plopped it in the crockpot with some sauce and let it go low and slow for the day. Then they had marinades for .99 and Gatorade for 50 cents.

After a few other activities I went to get Casey and he hit the library for a reload on movies and books. Then back home and the first thing to get done was a Icee for Casey. I have no problem making them for him mainly because getting one from the ice shake is as much as the entire bottle of syrup from the store. Besides he as fun helping me make them with the ninja.

Other than that my day was filled with laundry and the like. I did get some bread delivered to the neighbor for being so nice about getting our mail and papers. I have a lot of banana bread in the freezer and instead of letting it get old I figured it would be a good way to say thank you. Part of the problem I am facing is when I get board I like to bake but I have very few people to bake for and a freezer that is getting FULL. I know it could be worst so I will just have to start leaving bread and the like for the neighbors. So that was the first full day back. Tomorrow will be another day at home...if only I could stay home and stop running around town so much. Then Thursday and my third dr appointment. :):):)

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Staying home every day can get just as boring! But I understand the need to be home for a time...I like it. And I like it when I am alone...but just for so long! I dont like running around day after day.... We were in Blackfoot for an insurance appt, then ran to Pocatello for a coffee maker as ours stopped working this morning. But didn't find what we wanted and Mike was anxious to get home...so I am going to Pocatello tomorrow with Doe. THAT's the part I don't like...going two days in a row! Oh well, such is life. I am hoping/praying for a great appt for you tomorrow, hoping that you get to brush your teeth again, praying for a good report, and I am wishing you could eat something!