Thursday, July 28, 2011

Some days

What a day...I dont think I sat down until Caseys swim lesson and then even though I was sitting I was still running a mile a minute in my head. In the end I always end up with more time than I plan on but I still seem to stress when I have list of things to do.

Lets start from the beginning...another appliance has gone out. The microwave is now not working. It runs but does not heat anything and has a very funny smell. This happened yesterday so this morning Casey and I went to Home Depot to look at new ones. Found one that was nice but had to wait because I did not have the measurements for our old one. Then after his swim lesson we stopped by Best Buy and they had the same one for about 30 bucks less, the only thing is they did not have black in stock so we will be without a microwave until Tuesday at the earliest. Not the most pleasant but since we are camping this weekend it wont be to bad.

The camping I am really looking forward to...first trip for me of the year. :) Brents parents are coming to that will be nice as well. I offered to make a couple of salads and bring the snack stuff since Brents mom is going to bring the meat and other stuff. So this morning I made a pasta salad, a bean salad and dressing for cole slaw. Why just the dressing, because I bought the cole slaw mix from Fred Meyer and I figure we can dress it when we eat it, that way it will not wilt and those that like lots of dressing can have it that way. Of course my stress came from trying to get all the stuff cooked and then cleaned up after before we left for swimming lessons. Why did I not just wait until after...good question I dont really know. But anyway...its not all done and I can sleep in peace.

Did learn one thing tonight, Dont leave food on the counter when the dog is in the house. I went outside to get the trash cans up and Buddy decided to finish off the last two pieces of pizza. He just went into the kitchen and put those paws of his on the counter and had a nice little dinner. Live and learn.

Good night all...sleep well and hope you have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

HaHa, I think Hank passed that little tidbit on to Buddy! I haven't learned yet not to leave stuff on the counter, but I am more aware of it. Sorry about the microwave, but so glad you found a cheaper one. Good going. Have a good camping trip...enjoy and don't worry about a thing! (Except leaving food out that is NOT meant for Buddy!)