Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pictures :)

Here are a few pictures as promised.

We went to swimming lessons yesterday and had a great time. I put Casey in Level 2 at 10:30-11:00 thinking that he was far enough to be in level 2. Well this level two class turned out to be a little more like level 2/3 which is to advanced for Casey. The teacher told me he would do better with the 11:00-11:30 class so we if could he could just hang out and wait for the Level 1 class to start. Since it was such a nice day and we had nothing else do to we waited. He did great in the class and very much enjoyed it. But here's the kicker...he is now going to go to lessons from 11:30-12:00 because the class had about 8 kids and the teacher wanted to split them up. She said that Casey's skill level is about 1/2 and that is was the rest of the kids in the class will be. So we will now do lessons from 11:30 to 12:00. That means the day will have time to warm up, he will be in a class that works for his skill level and it should be a small class. Once again the Lord knows what he is doing. :)



Here he is getting ready to swim...I will get more pictures of him in the water later.


Here are some of Casey's favorite after swimming snacks. Casey loves the ZBars and they are good for him...as far as bars of his nature go. The Nutri-Grain bar is beyond good. These bars are also great for when we go camping. They hold up in the packing and they are great for a breakfast or snack for Casey.

As for the rest of the day, after lessons we came home and got things in order at the house and just kind of hung out and played with Casey's airplanes and cars. It was a hot day and Casey was a little tired from the lessons. I tried a new recipe last night for supper and I think it was a hit. I even had some.


You cook up ground beef and taco seasoning, then add frozen veggies, I used corn, peas and carrots. Combine the mixtures of meat and veggies and put in a baking dish. Cover the veggie and meat mix with a can of tomatoes, any type, and then top with cheese and some spices, I used a pizza spice mix. Then top the entire dish with bread sticks, think the Pillsbury Bread sticks in the can. You just unroll them and twist them up then place them on the dish. Put in the oven for the time on the bread sticks and bake. I baked it uncovered for about 15 minutes at 400 and then covered it with foil and baked another 15 minutes. Then serve with sour cream and salsa. Very yummy, Casey even enjoyed it.


My garden is doing very well, strawberries are done but we got more than expected from them. I have gotten about 10 sugar snap peas and the tomato plants are starting to many small green tomatoes on them. Hopefully unlike last year they will turn red. For some reason most of the tomatoes would not turn so I just made a bunch of green tomato salsa, very good use of them and it tasted pretty good. My zucchini plant had about 15 big blossoms on it and the carrots are looking good, at least from the top. I have not picked them yet. Our raspberry bush has had a few red ones that Casey and I have enjoyed. Now for the pictures below...no I did not leave the pepper on to long, infact I have three more on the plant that are bright green right now. It is a Chocolate Pepper Plant. They are not fully ripe until they turn brown. I have not tried it yet but its supposed to be kind of sweet. I will let you know how it tastes.



Now its off to get the house ready for the day...its hard to believe that summer school is over and that July is coming to an end. Summer goes by fast when you have a situation to deal with. :) Casey and I are going to take a walk this morning and see who his teacher for first grade is and who is in his class. With swimming lessons starting later we have more time in the morning. Plus a good walk this morning will feel good. Have a great Tuesday all and thank you to all that read and comment on my blog. Even if you dont comment thank you for reading it.

2 comments:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I say thank you for posting your blog. I do read it! and I love to know what your day is like, what you are doing, all that sort of stuff. Never bored with it! Your days sound much for interesting than mine, however, with Cindy and kids here I actually am doing stuff with them. They love to bike the trail...and so do I! When Casey comes he can borrow a bike and bike with me...I have a bike for you too Lenae! Sounds like all is well in your life and I am happy for that. Love you guys so much! And your casserole dish sounds wonderful!

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

That is a strange looking pepper, but I'm sure it will be good. I've actually never seen that kind.
Sometime I would love to try that casserole! Sounds good.
Love you!