Sunday, July 17, 2011

Check, Check, Check, and Check

Those would be for the Air Conditioner, Freezer, Washer and now Stove. As of 8:30 Sunday night I believe we can mark off all the appliances that have been worked on this week. The heating element for the stove came a couple of days ago and we got it in tonight. I say we because thanks to my small fingers we did not need to call the appliance guys again. Here's the story...I was in the shower when Brent started the process of working on the stove. When I got out the stove was missing its bottom element, the new element was on top of the stove and I had a very upset, frustrated husband. The wires had gone back up in the stove and he was not able to get them down. After much frustration he went outside to get something and I tried to work the wires back down. With my small fingers I was able to pull them back down and when he came back in the house they were pulled down and I was holding them in place. Brent then got the new element hooked up and turned the power back on in the kitchen. Guess what, the new element works and the oven heated right up as it was supposed to. :):):) This means I now have a working oven again.

As for the rest of the weekend... nothing to interesting happened. Brent and Casey spent most of the afternoon at Cablea's and Sportsman looking at guns and the like. I had a nice time taking a very relaxing walk to the river and back and then sat outside in the sun and just enjoyed the quiet. When they got home we went and picked up Brents truck, it was getting a full service at Firestone then back home to get dinner ready and now its time to get ready for bed. I think even though Casey is out of summer school we are going to try and keep him on a regular sleep pattern, it will make it so much easier when school starts back up. Tomorrow will be the first day of swimming lessons and from the forecast it should be a very nice day for them.

Wednesday will be the next appointment for my teeth and I pray they will be able to come off. My mouth is starting get sore from the wires that are poking me and from the extra metal that is in there. As of Thursday it will have been five weeks since they were put on, hard to believe I had to spend a good portion of the summer dealing with this but hey at least its better than last summer. :(

Anyway...hope you all had a great weekend and will have a great new week.

3 comments:

Russell-Linda Ruga said...

Yes, Lenae, last summer was not a good one, but we have such wonderful memories and great examples that Dad left us with. Something to be very thankful for!
I hope Casey had a great day at swimming lessons! Talk to you soon!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Hard to believe it is almost five weeks of limited eating. The time seems suddenly to go fast. Probably helped that you didn't have ALL the wires on still! What's with guys and guns...Mike doesn't hunt anymore but he is thinking about buying a gun...I don't get it!! I hope swimming lessons go well. I am always glad to hear about kids getting lessons...wish I had had more!

CrumleyCrew said...

Yes Linda, we do have great memories of that wonderful man we called Daddy.

Yes A. Alice, the time has gone fast for the teeth but also so slow...hard to explain but thats how it feels. Guys and guns is something I will never understand. Kind of like some women and their shoes...I dont understand that one either.