Friday, July 1, 2011

Brushing my teeth

I have NEVER been so happy to brush my teeth. At my dr appointment the doc removed all the bands and let me open my mouth. Very strange thing, it didn't really hurt but feel odd. My mouth seemed to have a mind of its own and just open. Once I got over the first shock of having my mouth open the doc told me he would like me to brush my teeth. I just about started to cry. I was already on cloud nine by this time and then with that news I asked the nurse if it would be wrong to give the doc a hug (he had left the room by this time) she said that she gets that question a lot. She then gave me a toothbrush and some toothpaste and told me to go to work. It was very odd at first but so wonderful. Once finished the bands were put back on and if all looks good next week he just might be able to loosen then just a little which will allow for some more substantial foods. :) It the second best thing to happen, first being not having this as all but since that is impossible we will go with this.

It was funny during the appointment, Casey came with me of course and while we were in the room waiting after my wonderful teeth brush he said "I know where the doc is." When I asked where he just looked at me and said "with another patient of course" His exact words. Got to love a six year old who talks and thinks like a 15 year old.

As for the rest of the day, got the tires rotated on the car. Thankfully, I was able to get a list of what else needed to be done for packing while I waited for that. Then off to get a few other odds and ends done for our trip.

Hope all have a safe and happy 4th. Remember, if you have a dog be sure to protect his ears during the fireworks. Dog hate loud noises. Love to all

1 comment:

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I just don't think about how nice it is to brush my teeth...you have made me realize it is very NICE! So glad you got a bit of a wonderful feeling in all of this trial! I will be so glad when July 4th is over and done...our poor Hank is a nervous wreck. You have a wonderful time at the Lagoon and I shall pray everytime I think about it that you won't be tempted with that "not such good food for you" !!! And I am also praying that these next two weeks go by quickly for you. Love you and yours!